FORUMS: list search recent posts

Can't find iMovie forum, subs question relating to FCP movie exports

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Catherine Tosko
Can't find iMovie forum, subs question relating to FCP movie exports
on Nov 20, 2012 at 11:22:50 am

I have exported my movs out of FCP and into iMovie because I am using the titling function of iMovie, also helps me bang out to Youtube, Distrify etc., I know the FCP purists will think this is a bad option but I have heavily subbed film here and the subs in FCP were too time consuming.

I want to replace my lo res movs with hi res with some edits, yes I was a doofus and didn't QA my work properly but every time I try and delete the movie the subs vanish with the movie. I can't do a straightforward replace movie because the movie length is different. Or is this the only option then tidy up the subs after?

I know it's not a strict FCP question but there is no forum for iMovie as I said. If there is, I will happily scoot over but I can't find it in the menu. The film is one hour long and in six parts.

Return to posts index

Rafael Amador
Re: Can't find iMovie forum, subs question relating to FCP movie exports
on Nov 20, 2012 at 3:11:21 pm

[Catherine Tosko] "I have exported my movs out of FCP and into iMovie because I am using the titling function of iMovie, also helps me bang out to Youtube, Distrify etc., I know the FCP purists will think this is a bad option but I have heavily subbed film here and the subs in FCP were too time consuming."
The problem about iMovie is nothing related with purism, but just technical.
iMovie compress whatever SD stuff to DV and whatever HD stuff to Apple Intermediate codec. Both are very poor options.
Also downgrade the audio to 32Khz, and puts out without TC track.
All this makes iMovie not suitable for most professionals, otherwise more people would use it, because it has very interesting options and tools.
rafael

http://www.nagavideo.com

Return to posts index

Catherine Tosko
on Nov 21, 2012 at 2:32:15 pm

Yeah I know all this, as I said in my precursor. But I need to use it. I will try asking on a less "professional" forum, seems I've been outsnobbed here!

Return to posts index

Brad Elliott
on Nov 20, 2012 at 3:57:53 pm

https://discussions.apple.com/community/ilife/imovie?view=discussions

Return to posts index

Catherine Tosko
on Nov 21, 2012 at 2:28:55 pm

Thanks -I was hoping for help on CC - but I will go over there.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]