FORUMS: list search recent posts

Downgrade from FCP7 to FCP6

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jon Campbell
Downgrade from FCP7 to FCP6
on Nov 19, 2012 at 10:14:36 pm

I work in a burgeoning studio in a large advertising agency. We've been doing mostly internal work here with FCP7, which is the only version of FCP I've worked with. There is talk of merging workflows with our in house post facility, which runs FCP6 with FC Server. If we make the move to their server, I'm told we will need to downgrade to FCP6 for compatibility issues.

What features would I possibly miss in FCP6? Most of our work is pre-existing footage, or shot with 5Ds. Is there any pitfall or hiccup I should expect? Obviously, any current projects will need to be converted via xml export.

In your more experienced experience, are these differences worth trying to hold out?

Thanks for your input, I come from a more producing background than an editing one, so I'm adapting as we go here, but my producer editor partner is really upset about losing the "Close all other tabs" funcionality.

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: Downgrade from FCP7 to FCP6
on Nov 19, 2012 at 10:50:52 pm

Main thing you'll be missing are the newer ProRes codecs, LT, Proxy, 4444. And improved camera compatibility.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Michael Gissing
Re: Downgrade from FCP7 to FCP6
on Nov 20, 2012 at 12:03:05 am

Not sure if the Canon EOS plugin for Log & Transfer of 5D material works in FCP6. It would make more sense for the in house post people to step up to FCP7 if possible if only to have Color 1.5.3 for grading. So much better than Color with FCS2.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]