FORUMS: list search recent posts

FCP7 corrupted my video files, how do I fix them?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Autumn Moore
FCP7 corrupted my video files, how do I fix them?
on Nov 19, 2012 at 8:53:44 pm

The mov files from a FCP project are all unreadable. The FCP project will not play due to "general error" or "no movie in file" however when I scroll through the project you can still see the video file there. It seems as though somehow FCP corrupted all the mov video files. These video files come from 2 different cameras and are stored in different folders within the project, yet both seem to be affected. It's odd because the rest of the files on the hard drive are unaffected. Also the render files are unaffected. Only the camera video files are. The files will not open in Quicktime or on another computer. When trying to read the mov files there is an error message that says the file format is unrecognized.
I am currently working off a Mac OS X Lion 10.7.5 with 12GB memory. I am also in FCP 7.
I have tried deleting my FCP preferences and render files. I have also tried to read the files through MPEG stream clip and demo repair mov but none can read the mov files. Basically I just need the mov files to be read and recognized.

Return to posts index

David Bauman
Re: FCP7 corrupted my video files, how do I fix them?
on May 10, 2013 at 4:30:19 pm

It's pretty sad that no one has chosen to answer this post. This is kind of really important information and it's also something currently happening to me right now and it's happened to several others I know. It's not a matter of media assets going offline nor of not saving things in the correct folders. This just happens and it seems to be completely arbitrary. This is why from now on I'm switching to Adobe Premiere. FCP7 is a major let down, and it's taken me 4 years of editing with it to realize it just doesn't cut it if you want to protect all your video assets and not have random errors like this happen.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]