FORUMS: list search recent posts

Closed Caption embedded QT to BetaSP?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
John Hong
Closed Caption embedded QT to BetaSP?
on Nov 19, 2012 at 2:06:38 pm

Hi everyone,

I was just wondering if anyone would know if you had a SD QT with CC embedded, that the CC will still be there once it's been outputted to BetaSP? Just wanted to double check on this to make sure its possible for an upcoming project.

Return to posts index

Jessica Muth
Re: Closed Caption embedded QT to BetaSP?
on Nov 19, 2012 at 3:31:00 pm

Need more information from you:

What NLE are you using?
Are you outputting SDI?
What card do you have? Blackmagic, AJA, etc.

Jessica Muth
jmuth01@gmail.com

Return to posts index

John Hong
on Nov 19, 2012 at 4:12:05 pm

It's FCP 7, outputting SDI using an AJA Kona LHe card, the original not the LHe Plus.

Return to posts index

Jessica Muth
on Nov 19, 2012 at 6:30:24 pm

You need to make sure that you have your VANC turned on the control panel via AJA. From within FCP, when you edit to tape, you have enabled the closed-captions in the 2nd tab of the edit to tape window (sorry I forget the exact tab name) and select either a .scc or Quicktime CC track to add to the tape. Then play it back via Edit to Tape and as long as your timecode matches with the video, you should be good to go.

Another option since I always run into issues writing closed captions via FCP and AJA, use the AJA VTR Xchange. It's free from their site to download and seems to cooperate more when adding captions. The only thing is that it only allows you to insert edit when writing to tape, so just make sure that you have your tape time code on your tape setup correctly, other wise, it will stop writing to tape midway through if you don't have it set up correctly.

Hope this helps.

Jessica Muth
jmuth01@gmail.com

Return to posts index

Steven Cohen
on Nov 20, 2012 at 7:34:13 pm

I haven't tried it in FCP 7, but 6 will take CC that is embedded into the QT and output it to tape.

Just make sure you do not crop any of the top video lines because that will cut it off.

The process that Jessica was talking about is to add captioning to an uncaptioned QT or timeline.

Steve.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]