FORUMS: list search recent posts

FCP 7.0.3 Opening Project VERY VERY SLOW

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bill Jackson
FCP 7.0.3 Opening Project VERY VERY SLOW
on Nov 18, 2012 at 6:19:49 pm

Wondering if any of you have experienced the problem that I'm having and could off a remedy. I'm running FCP 7.0.3 and have been using it since it came out and never experienced this. After a software crash, my project take about 30 minutes to open!!!! Once it has opened, then it re-opens and other projects open quickly as usual. I've trying trashing prefs, cache, etc, doesn't help. I'm at a loss here.

Return to posts index

Andrew Rendell
Re: FCP 7.0.3 Opening Project VERY VERY SLOW
on Nov 18, 2012 at 8:25:18 pm

The first thing I'd look at is how big your project is. I've had some very slow opening projects that were very big, like over 80 - 100 GB, so I try to keep my projects under about 50 - 60 GB max. So on big jobs I'll have only the rushes and my main cut in the master project and have another project (occasionally 2 or 3) for previous cuts, compiles, etc.

As you've had a crash, you might have corrupt or damaged media or render files, which can cause problems (including a project being slow to open or crashing the software). If you create another project and move your media over to it in blocks you might be able to identify corrupted media files (since the problem will move to the other project when you get to it/ them). For render files you could delete render files (and re-render your timeline) to find/ resolve the problem.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]