FORUMS: list search recent posts

Unwanted frame rate change from MPEG STREAMCLIP

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Matthew Clewlow
Unwanted frame rate change from MPEG STREAMCLIP
on Nov 17, 2012 at 7:49:52 am

Hello,

Can anyone shed light on this. I have hacked a Panasonic GH2 to record Driftwood 100mbp, All Intra compression, 25P, its a PAL model. MPEG STREAM CLIP is giving out a file that FCP 7 says is 19.98 fps. Yesterday when i hadn't hacked camera and BITRATE was standard 24mbp at 25P it gave out a file at 25fps ?? Is there any settings in Streamclip that can alter frame rates?
FCP 7 does actually import the .MTS direct from the card with Apple Pro Res LT at 25fps, and it plays back fine. I like MPEG StreamClip as it joins all clips to one large clip which i find faster to edit from using scrubbing, rather than a series of individual clips. Is there a way to achieve joined clips in FCP Log and Transfer set up? and can you change the FCP log and transfer compression to Apple Pro Res HQ?
Sorry first post ever and its rambling, any help would be appreciated.
Regards,

Return to posts index

Rafael Amador
Re: Unwanted frame rate change from MPEG STREAMCLIP
on Nov 17, 2012 at 8:53:48 am

[Matthew Clewlow] "Can anyone shed light on this. I have hacked a Panasonic GH2 to record Driftwood 100mbp, All Intra compression, 25P, its a PAL model. MPEG STREAM CLIP is giving out a file that FCP 7 says is 19.98 fps. Yesterday when i hadn't hacked camera and BITRATE was standard 24mbp at 25P it gave out a file at 25fps ?? Is there any settings in Streamclip that can alter frame rates? "
This shouldn't be happening, although may be just a metadata issue.
Anyway, you can try to conform the Prores files in CinemaTool to 25fps.

[Matthew Clewlow] " Is there a way to achieve joined clips in FCP Log and Transfer set up?"
No, that I know.

[Matthew Clewlow] "can you change the FCP log and transfer compression to Apple Pro Res HQ? "
Click the upper right corner icon to open the L&T Preferences. At the right column you can change the default codec.
rafael

http://www.nagavideo.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]