FORUMS: list search recent posts

Speed up machine edit process time

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
kurt johnson
Speed up machine edit process time
on Nov 16, 2012 at 8:52:24 pm

HI: For this project I've uploaded fifty minutes of continuos video (mov.) taken on a canon mincam. 6gb I know it is a big file. All I need to do with this at this point is trim the ends. I trimmed 19 seconds off the front end and 55 minutes later the program/machine are still grinding away to make this single edit. I
I used standard formats setting when importing.

My machine is OSX 10.75 4GB Memory.

I've actually run into this problem before and then I finally had to abandon the effort.

Can anyone tell me in what I steps I would take to get through this task as I don't even think I am going to be able to get these two done before a looming deadline. Thanks in advance

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: Speed up machine edit process time
on Nov 16, 2012 at 9:30:49 pm

What format is this video? Unless it is an editing codec FCP deals with, FCP will want to render.

If all you want to do is trim off the head and tail of video, without compressing it to another format, FCP isn't the app to use.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Gary Milligan
Re: Speed up machine edit process time
on Nov 17, 2012 at 9:08:07 pm

[kurt johnson] "For this project I've uploaded fifty minutes of continuos video (mov.) taken on a canon mincam. 6gb I know it is a big file. "

50 minutes = 6 GB... that's not a big file at all if it's ProRes (or other edit-friendly codec), which it should be if you want to use FCP. As Shane said, "Unless it is an editing codec FCP deals with, FCP will want to render."

Gary

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]