FORUMS: list search recent posts

Renaming Source Clip and Clips in Projects

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Andrew Ball
Renaming Source Clip and Clips in Projects
on Nov 15, 2012 at 6:53:40 pm

I was wondering if you could help me with a problem I am having there are two parts...

Take a look at the photo below, each day when the shooter used an external mic the files have the same names not just the two highlighted but each day in that AUDIO 2 folder starts with STE-000.wav and so on,

Looking back I probably should have re-named them before carrying them into the project, as it is they are all carried in with their dates and sunk to their sequences,

This hasn't been an issue until..

I created a Media Managed (MM) project for someone to translate containing three sequences, prior to that I had media managed one sequence (interview) at a time, when I took them back and connected them there were no issues, however, when I brought back the one containing three sequences it seems FCP renamed some of the STE-'s with its own name to differentiate it... see towards the bottom of the photo,

Now, I took those files and copied them, and I connected them and I have reverted to MMing one sequence at a time.. So no big (I think) and I can always copy the translated little VO's and paste them into the original sequence I gave him which are all connecting fine naturally.

My question: I am wondering if not adding them correctly in the first place is going to be a bigger problem or issue somewhere else later on down the line and if so what are the corrective steps to take?

Secondly because things could get confusing I would like to simply re-name the source material now before I get much farther, take a look at the photo below

I have multiple projects, one is a master of "TRIP 2" (far right) all clips by date video audio etc all in one long timeline and sunk then I have other projects I am building out as I go, TO TRANSLATE, TRANSLATED, and after they are translated I sort them into b-roll and interviews etc.. still beginning stages of this process obviously

The problem lies in that aside from TRIP 2 there are no bins with clips.. so I cannot utilize the trick of re-naming file to match clip and vice versa, this is a problem because a lot of cutting syncing and re-arranging has gone on as it moves from project to project,

Any help, insight, or tips would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]