FORUMS: list search recent posts

Problems Importing Pro Tools Wave extensible file format

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Andrew Cross
Problems Importing Pro Tools Wave extensible file format
on Nov 14, 2012 at 12:03:54 pm

Hi there,

First time receiving this kind of file for a 5.1 mix. Pro Tools specifies this about the new file format

"Pro Tools 10 supports the WAVE Extensible file format for audio files. This file format specifies multiple audio channel data (surround sound) along with speaker positions, which is stored within the audio file header. "

Unfortunately, when I bring the file onto the timeline FCP does not seem to pick up the channel positions in the audio file header and each of the 6 files is named the same way. So I can't be 100% certain what the track ordering is.

After speaking to the sound mixer he informs me that it should output them in standard film order I.e L C R LS RS LFE. However looking at the audio wave forms this seems unlikely, at a glance it looks like L R LS RS C LFE.

I was just wondering if anyone has encountered this problem and whether there is a way of fixing it either at the Pro Tools end or my end?

Many Thanks in advance

Andrew

Return to posts index

Michael Gissing
Re: Problems Importing Pro Tools Wave extensible file format
on Nov 14, 2012 at 12:13:19 pm

Your guess about the track order looks right from the waveforms. However a single multichannel broadcast wav file should be in the right order when bought into FCP. Were you supplied a single polywav or six mono files. I usually supply six mono files, clearly labelled.

If you want to create a master QuickTime with L C R Ls Rs sub then you can patch your track outputs to remap.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]