FORUMS: list search recent posts

Apple ProRes Proxy Conundrum

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jason Mathis
Apple ProRes Proxy Conundrum
on Nov 13, 2012 at 1:56:59 pm

I have three machines all running FCP 6 and they can read Apple ProRes Proxies fine. However, I just contracted an editor who is also using FCP 6 and it says "Codec not found" on her computer when trying to work in the project.

What I have been reading is that FCP 6 does not support ProRes Proxy and only FCP 7 and X do... which isn't totally true since, like I said, I have 3 machines all reading the files fine in house and are completely editable. My thought is that it has to do with a third party program I've downloaded such as Magic Bullet Grinder... Could those have carried a codec pack for the proxy? From experience, I know that's usually not the case and rely on what codecs you have on your machine from Adobe, Avid, FCP, etc.

Any thoughts or suggestions on this would be appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

Return to posts index

Rafael Amador
Re: Apple ProRes Proxy Conundrum
on Nov 13, 2012 at 3:41:22 pm

You need FCP.7 to export Prores Proxi, but no to read it. That's about QT.
Update the QT version of your editor and should be fine.
rafael

http://www.nagavideo.com

Return to posts index

Jason Mathis
Re: Apple ProRes Proxy Conundrum
on Nov 13, 2012 at 4:05:49 pm

That's what I read and started to think as well... however, I have FCP 6 on three machines, it reads it, renders it, exports it, converts it all fine.

All of her software is currently up to date.

I thought that FCPX was the reason at first since I have it on my primary editing bay, but when I checked the other 2 computers (neither have FCPX) they both read the proxies fine. All three machines have the same software on them minus FCPX, and 2 of the three have CS6 Masters Collection. Other than that, they are identical. I'm starting to cross reference with my editor now to see what programs we have different to track it down.

Thank you for your response!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]