FORUMS: list search recent posts

Convert DVCPRO to ProRes within FCP

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
olaf steel
Convert DVCPRO to ProRes within FCP
on Nov 13, 2012 at 12:54:56 am

Hi,

I'm setting up a large project in FCP. There is footage I need to create multicam clips with. However, the footage in FCP is DVCPRO and ProRes 422. FCP wont let me make multiclips with the different formats.
Having already imported 50+ hours of footage, and taken up over 8TB of hard drive space, is there any way to quickly/easily/using as little hard drive space as possible, convert the DVCPRO footage to ProRes 422? Preferably within FCP using the Media Manager tool?

I would greatly appreciate any help with this.

Thanks!

Return to posts index

olaf steel
Re: Convert DVCPRO to PorRes within FCP
on Nov 13, 2012 at 1:09:03 am

Also worth noting is that I will want to relink to the original raw media when the project has been edited. So I need a way to do the above, while keeping the original metadata intact.

Return to posts index

Rafael Amador
on Nov 13, 2012 at 1:25:40 am

[olaf steel] "Also worth noting is that I will want to relink to the original raw media when the project has been edited. So I need a way to do the above, while keeping the original metadata intact."
Will your multicam project allow you to re-link to a footage with different specs?
rafael

http://www.nagavideo.com

Return to posts index

Rafael Amador
on Nov 13, 2012 at 1:11:07 am

[olaf steel] "is there any way to quickly/easily/using as little hard drive space as possible, convert the DVCPRO footage to ProRes 422? Preferably within FCP using the Media Manager tool?"
Lie all the DVCPro stuff on sequences and use MM.
I would better try MPGStreamclip batch export. Will keep the original file names.
rafael

http://www.nagavideo.com

Return to posts index

Nick Meyers
on Nov 13, 2012 at 9:51:07 am

in FCP, you can use Media Manger on a bin or sequence of the clips.

OR

in FCP you can Batch Export as QuickTime Movie, and change the settings on export

both will keep File name, TC & Reel#

we are all assuming you have the same FRAME RATE on both sets of media

cheers,
nick

Return to posts index

olaf steel
on Nov 13, 2012 at 3:13:43 pm

Thanks for that Nick. I do indeed have the same frame rates.
Right now I'm doing a batch Media Manager conversion. I'll do a test later to make sure it worked. Thank you for your help!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]