FORUMS: list search recent posts

AVCHD converted to MP4 laggy on final cut pro

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
John Mark
AVCHD converted to MP4 laggy on final cut pro
on Nov 12, 2012 at 10:49:18 am

I have an Imac with specs Intel core I3, Ram 4GB, and having trouble with the AVCHD files that I use and convert using Handbrake. When I convert the AVCHD files into a mp4 file the videos seem to play fine on the mac using Quicktime, but when I want to edit using IMovie or Final Cut Pro it seems to lag a lot.

There resolution of the video size is 1920 by 1080 so full HD, so tried going down to 720p, made it a little better but still lag when editing on final cut. And the surprising thing is when I record using my Nikon D7000 instead of the canon camcorder hf r36 I record in FULL HD with the Nikon, and edit with it and its fine with no lag. Could it maybe be the converting screwing up the video, Im not sure. So if anyone can help that would be great.

Thank you.

A News Graphic Lover

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: AVCHD converted to MP4 laggy on final cut pro
on Nov 12, 2012 at 11:08:41 am

Handbrake is the wrong app. that doesn't convert files for FCP...it converts files for iPod and iPad and general viewing. For FCP, you use Log and Transfer...workflow here:

http://library.creativecow.net/ross_shane/tapeless-workflow_fcp-7/1

If you want to use an outside app for converting AVCHD...ClipWrap 2 is what you'd use. And you convert to ProRes 422. And the files will increase in size.

divergentmedia.com

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

John Mark
on Nov 12, 2012 at 11:14:50 am

Thank you Shane for your kind help, i'll try out the clip wrap 2 for AVCHD converting.

A News Graphic Lover

Return to posts index

John Mark
on Nov 15, 2012 at 7:10:52 am

I used clip wrap 2 and converted it to ProRes 422 LT WORKS GREAT FASTER THEN EVER Thank you.

A News Graphic Lover

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]