FORUMS: list search recent posts

FCP7 glitch: Stuck clips!

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Emily Marositz
FCP7 glitch: Stuck clips!
on Nov 11, 2012 at 7:25:44 pm

Help! Help!

I'm working in FCP 7 with full HD footage from a Canon 60D and audio from a Zoom recorder.

Randomly and for seemingly no reason, my timeline basically freezes. I can't move clips, I can't change edit points, all I can do is delete clips, scroll through, play the sequence, and zoom in and out. What in the world is going on??? I have had this happen on other projects, as well, with different video files and sizes.

When I select a clip, all that happens when I move the cursor over it is that a little "X" appears by the cursor, instead of the directional-arrow cursor.

I have no idea what I could be doing wrong. Please help me!!

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: FCP7 glitch: Stuck clips!
on Nov 11, 2012 at 10:29:13 pm

YOu didn't convert the footage to ProRes, did you? Trying to edit the format the camera shoots natively? FCP doesn't work with that format well at all. It all needs to be converted.

Here's the workflow:

http://library.creativecow.net/ross_shane/tapeless-workflow_fcp-7/1

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Emily Marositz
on Nov 17, 2012 at 9:23:52 pm

All of the footage is already properly converted and whatnot. When I reboot FCP everything works again, that's why I'm thinking it's a glitch I'm dealing with. I've had this same thing happen on more than one computer, so I figure it's an FCP problem and not something wrong with the computer.

Return to posts index

Dominic Legg
on Nov 19, 2012 at 9:56:46 pm

It sounds like it could either be a drive read/write issue or even could be a key on the keyboard sticking?? Can you try another keyboard?

Check that the permissions on the drives you are saving and rendering to are set to read and write. In the past I have had issues with a RAID misbehaving with permission issues.

Motion Graphic / Video Editor

Return to posts index

Dominic Legg
on Nov 12, 2012 at 12:05:48 am

MPEG Streamclip - Your best friend for converting DSLR footage :)

Motion Graphic / Video Editor

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]