FORUMS: list search recent posts

Best Sequence Settings for Versatile Output / Product...

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bryan Mailer
Best Sequence Settings for Versatile Output / Product...
on Nov 10, 2012 at 8:10:34 am

Hi,

I am working with some minidv footage that is not of great quality, but some of the footage is making for quality subject matter nonetheless.

I have done a fair bit of editing, but before I continue, I would like to change gears and edit with an eye to being properly displayed.

While a lot of the time, low-res footage needs to be zoomed to fill the screen, the titles and whatnot can be produced such that they will hold up at high resolutions.

Would it be wise to create some sort of 1920 x 1080 sequence setting (FCP doesn't seem to provide one). As such, I could design in HD with "wings" on the sides when the DV footage is too narrow to fill the screen.

Then, if I ever need to display at SD, or 1440 x 1080, etc., I can just shrink the resolution, or trim away the wings at the sides...

Does this make sense or sound wise?

I welcome any advice and suggestions. Thanks.

Return to posts index

Bryan Mailer
Re: Best Sequence Settings for Versatile Output / Product...
on Nov 17, 2012 at 6:50:59 pm

Anyone?

If I take footage that exists in the timeline presently (imported at) 720x480 MTSC DV(3:2) and change the whole thing to, say, HD 1440x1080, will I run into problems later or compromise the quality of the video / framerate?

My thoughts are that this will simply expand the footage and allow it to be played on higher res TVs with crisp titles and so on, but I don't know if there is a downside.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]