FORUMS: list search recent posts

Question About Timecode Display

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Elizabeth Perlman
Question About Timecode Display
on Nov 9, 2012 at 5:03:34 pm

I've noticed that some of my individual clips are displaying the timecode/file information at the bottom of the clip (pictured below). Just wondering how to get rid of it or it's associated with RED camera footage.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: Question About Timecode Display
on Nov 9, 2012 at 5:57:16 pm

You say SOME of the clips show timecode, which implies that not all do.

Were there differences in the way the two sets of clips were prepared for FCP editing? I'd start investigating there.

Dave LaRonde
Former Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Elizabeth Perlman
on Nov 9, 2012 at 7:13:52 pm

I'm not the original editor, so I'm not sure why they are different and especially if it was filmed with the same camera throughout the production. I compared clip/log/sequence settings and all of them match except some are Apple ProRes while others are Apple ProRes(HQ). I'm not sure if that would make that much of a difference...

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Nov 9, 2012 at 7:40:16 pm

Normally, ProRes HQ is a good excuse to make unnecessarily-large files... but you're working with RED footage, yes?

I think someone made a mistake when ingesting footage. The time code shouldn't be visible on the clips.

Others more familiar with the RED-FCP workflow will have to comment on the steps to take to fix this.

At this point, the only recommendation I can make is to track down the original files for a new log & transfer. If they're not available, you may have to scale up the clips you have to hide the time code.

Dave LaRonde
Former Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]