I am facing an issue when exporting into a quicktime file. Everything worked well in the past months, but now when I export into a quick time file using the same settings I used, which are, MPEG-4 codec and bitrate 8400kbps and taking the quality highest, the final video turns out to 5000kbps. I also tried to export via Compressor, but the same result; the bitrate drops
You can make the MP4 containing H264, which will yield better quality.
- Go to the top of the window (Video tab) and select File Format > MP4 (No ISMA).
- In Video Format. select H264.
- Set the data rate you wan't and Current size (if you don't want rescaling)
- Set Key-frames > Automatic
- Click Video Options and select Main profile and Multi-pass.