FORUMS: list search recent posts

pro animated lower 3rd

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Piotr Raczko
pro animated lower 3rd
on Nov 9, 2012 at 2:04:53 pm

Hi all,

I need to add professional lower 3rds to some clips. Nothing fancy yet, but it has to be animated. A logo slides into the frame, a rectangular field stretches out to contain the text. If I can do this I can go for something more sophisticated.

My question is, how is it done professionally? I suppose it is actually done in After Effects rather than FCP and then imported into FCP or do I take the whole FCP project, import it into AE and then add the lower 3rds? I have AE CS3 and FCP 7. Can someone describe the correct workflow to me?

So far I have a basic animation in AE, but when I import it into FCP I have no alpha, the background is black and covers the whole view. I don't know how to export from AE with alpha.

Thanks.

Return to posts index

Steven Cohen
Re: pro animated lower 3rd
on Nov 9, 2012 at 2:20:48 pm

There are many different ways.
It can be done in Final Cut, Motion, Live Type or After Effects.

It depends on how complicated you are going with it and what program you are more comfortable using.

We use Live Type for our Lower Thirds because that is what we have setup and with the amount of segments and show we pump out it is fastest for us.

If you want to use After Effects you needs to export it as a QuickTime Animation codec with millions + colors in order to get the Alpha channel.

I think After Effects is over kill for what you say you are trying to do, it can easily be do in Final Cut with elements created in Photoshop and then animated using the motion tab.

Steve.

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
Re: pro animated lower 3rd
on Nov 9, 2012 at 2:51:57 pm

The Boris title generators included with your Final Cut system can do these things simply.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]