FORUMS: list search recent posts

Media Manager dropping audio levels & changing audio key frame location

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jim Milne
Media Manager dropping audio levels & changing audio key frame location
on Nov 8, 2012 at 8:47:05 pm

I'm working on a Mac G5 w.OS 10.5.8 with a 2.66 Quad Core Intel, 8 GB of ram. I'm trying to copy a 23:30 project with Media Manager to use for archiving & I'm not saving render files. (The render file option does not seem to matter with this problem as I tried it both ways). The timeline being copied is comprised of multiple projects edited on the same drive with their own project names. All the projects were created with ProRes 422 (HQ). The project copies fine, all files are there but the copied project has multiple audio clips which have levels that have dropped to inf. and in other audio clips key frames have changed location within the clip, obviously changing the audio levels. In other places the key frames have been pulled down to inf. in the copied project. There was a posting on this same problem a few weeks ago but no responses were shown for that posting. The project did have some audio clips that had different audio rates and format but I took a sample portion of the project and made sure all audio rates and formats matched and it didn't make any difference, the same problem still occurred.
Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Thanks.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: Media Manager dropping audio levels & changing audio key frame location
on Nov 8, 2012 at 9:13:03 pm

Two things come to mind:
Using the Render Manager, delete all audio render files. Don't do it any other way.

No Joy?

Trash your FCP Preferences.

Dave LaRonde
Former Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Jim Milne
on Nov 8, 2012 at 9:42:46 pm

Thanks, I'll try both of them.

Return to posts index

Jim Milne
on Nov 8, 2012 at 10:01:49 pm

I removed the audio render files first using render manager then tried a new sample and the same problem occurred. Then I trashed the FCP preferences and tried again and still have the same problem occurring. Also removed the audio render files after trashing preferences but no success. Any other thoughts would be appreciated.
Thanks.

Return to posts index

Jim Milne
on Nov 9, 2012 at 3:57:47 pm

After trying different options in Media Manager the audio problems do not occur when I deselect "Delete unused media" option. It obviously makes the media managed project considerably larger but the dropped audio levels and changed audio key frame location problem does not occur. Not sure why it makes a difference but in this case I can live with the larger media managed file to eliminate the audio problems.
I would still appreciate any feedback if anyone has any suggestions.
Thanks.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]