FORUMS: list search recent posts

Weird Color Corrector Issue

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Colm Walsh
Weird Color Corrector Issue
on Nov 7, 2012 at 8:21:37 pm

Hi all,
I'd be very grateful if someone could help me out here. Driving me nuts.

I'm editing gig footage and needed to corrected the clips from one of the cameras. So I'm using Color Corrector o play around with the Blacks and some saturation. Everything good so far, the clips are working better. I save and close....

The next time I open the project, the Color Corrected clips are showing up unwanted blobs of blue or red. I go to the Color Corrector panel in Viewer and uncheck Preview: clip goes back to the original look. I check Preview again: clip changes to the updated look WITHOUT this blue/red blob problem. Problem soved, I think. But no. When I render the clip the problem re-appears. I also tried to export a ten second clip to see if it's just a problem within FCP. No, it exports with the color problem.

Examples:

Return to posts index

Bret Williams
Re: Weird Color Corrector Issue
on Nov 7, 2012 at 8:24:33 pm

I've had this before to a lesser extent. I had multiple filters on the clip. The answer was to reverse the order of the filters. For example broadcast safe before 3 way, or vice versa. I forget what the other filters were. But the only way I fixed it was to play with the filter stack order.

Return to posts index

Colm Walsh
on Nov 7, 2012 at 8:34:14 pm

Thanks for the quick reply. It's the only filter on the clip though, so that's not going to solve the problem, unfortunately.

Return to posts index

Michael Gissing
on Nov 7, 2012 at 8:38:05 pm

It may indicate your graphics card is old or underpowered. Curious if it is the 3 way CC. If not, try using that instead of the older CC filter which I have always found a bit flake apart from having less control.

Ditto Bret's thoughts about filter stack order or having too many filters at once.

Return to posts index

Michael Gissing
on Nov 7, 2012 at 8:39:30 pm

Also curious what codec you are using and your sequence settings

Return to posts index

Colm Walsh
on Nov 13, 2012 at 2:00:46 pm

Hi,
Using footage from a 550d > ProRes 422
Sequence settings HDTV1080i

I re-did the grading with the 3-way color corrector and that seems to have solved the issue. Thanks +++

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]