FORUMS: list search recent posts

XML from Premiere CS6 requires rendering in FCP7

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dave Boampong
XML from Premiere CS6 requires rendering in FCP7
on Nov 7, 2012 at 6:24:50 pm

I was sent an XML from Premiere CS6. The footage was XDCam EX 1080i50. Opening the XML in Final Cut Pro 7 the sequence has the red line on top of it requiring rendering. I imported one of the clips corresponding to the XML straight into a new sequence from the hard drive, allowed the sequence to be changed to the clip settings and the clip played smoothly without requiring rendering and no red line on top of the sequence.

I compared the new sequence to the xml sequence and the settings were exactly the same, yet the one from the XML required rendering.

Secondly I looked at the name of the smooth playing clip and found the cooresponding clip in the XML sequence and put them together on the same timeline. The same clip side by side, the one from the XML had the red line for rendering on top of it the one imported from the hard drive did not. How is this possible?

Thanks Dave.

Return to posts index

Michael Gissing
Re: XML from Premiere CS6 requires rendering in FCP7
on Nov 7, 2012 at 7:36:05 pm

It doesn't take much for FCP to think a clip needs render. Try highlighting all clips and remove attributes like distort. I have had timelines that had no distort but for some reason FCP needed to be reset to the same distort value. Could also be basic motion but watch that some shots have not been resized.

Work on a duplicate in case some clips have attributes that do require render.

Return to posts index

Dave Boampong
on Nov 7, 2012 at 8:07:29 pm

Thanks I will try that ASAP

Return to posts index

Dave Boampong
on Nov 7, 2012 at 9:18:32 pm

All the attributes under Remove Attributes are greyed out but noticed that under 'item properties' the ALPHA is listed as BLACK whereas on the clip that plays fine it is listed as NONE/ IGNORE. How do I set the clips from the XML sequence to Ignore Alpha?

Return to posts index

Dave Boampong
on Nov 7, 2012 at 9:44:44 pm

Found it. Select clips in timeline, modify, alpha type.

Thanks

Return to posts index

Michael Gissing
on Nov 7, 2012 at 10:20:51 pm

Might be worth reporting that to Adobe if they can fix their XML flagging for FCP. Of course if the bug is at the FCP end then at least others may find this thread and know how to work around.

Thanks for reporting back.

Return to posts index

Dave Boampong
on Nov 7, 2012 at 11:40:35 pm

Thank you.

Return to posts index

Gerrit Van Dyke
on Aug 17, 2013 at 3:44:02 pm

Great tip. Just wanted to note that in case others have this issue in the future:

I was working with DSLR footage, and thought it would be a good idea to start editing in Premiere with the .H264 footage, while the footage transcoded to ProRes, and then continue the edit in Final Cut by exporting an XML from Premiere, reconnecting to the ProRes footage. Annoyingly, the ProRes footage needed to be rendered in FCP (in spite of being in a ProRes sequence that matched the settings). I just googled it and saw your solution, where the alpha channel had changed to "black" for some reason, and it worked like a charm.

Return to posts index

Erick Santz
on Oct 3, 2014 at 1:32:18 pm

Yes!! it works for my too!! Thanks, you rock!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]