FORUMS: list search recent posts

Un-nest sequence PART in timeline

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Grant Strac
Un-nest sequence PART in timeline
on Nov 7, 2012 at 6:15:58 pm

OK so I have show edited down it was three cameras and I multicam'd the entire thing in separate sequences (Roughly 18 different seq). I put them all in timeline and my producer and I cherry picked from different sequences and put it all together. Let's say 13 seconds of seq1 and seg3 comes after for 10sec, then seq2 for 5minutes. So I double click seq1 to go in swap angle but I loose the duration because that seq is it's original timeframe, if I mark the sequence in master they don't hold true when I open seq1 to select my clips. So then I can't drag and drop into a timeline and option because that 10 seconds in master is really 10minutes long and it doesn't hold my cut like its designed.

So I want to know if theres a key command to un-nest a PART of a nested sequence while in another timeline? I tried nesting the seq1 nest drag to make master and option drag in and that just brings me to square 1 problem again.

I know I can keep it like it is and just move forward but I know next producer sit down she's going to want to change bunch of stuff and it makes it hard with 13 different nested sequence segments. Like option drag in timeline I want to just do that to the already cut nested sequence.

If that makes sense I tried my best

Thank you.

Return to posts index

Nick Meyers
Re: Un-nest sequence PART in timeline
on Nov 8, 2012 at 9:10:17 am

yeah, here's what you do (from memory, i did this ages ago)

you have to drag the EDITED NESTS from the timeline into the viewer. you can also select and hit return.

then you make a SUBCLIP (Apple U)

these "Sub Nests" will appear in the browser, in the same location as the master edit sequence.
it can help to put it in it's own bin at the start of this process)

it also helps to do them in order, and if they don't sort in order name them so they do,
you'll see why soon.

the subtests will be just the parts you;ve used.
a possible gothca is if there is a cross fade WITHIN the nest right where your edit it,
then you'll have problems, like it either won''t subclip or won;t open in the viewer (it;s been a while)

anyway when you have all the sub-nests, make a new sequence,
select al the sub-nests BAR ONE
now hold Apple (Command) also grab that last one, and drag the lot into the canvas / overwrite window,
they should all edit themselves into the timeline.
(that's why they should be sorted correctly.)

cheers,
nick

Return to posts index

Grant Strac
Re: Un-nest sequence PART in timeline
on Nov 8, 2012 at 7:27:30 pm

Son of a b*** thats such an easy obvious fix! Damn thank you after reading that I'm thinking wow thats simple I was over complicating it. Thank so much that will work. I haven't done it but I know it will work. Your awesome thanks

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]