FORUMS: list search recent posts

Can't import .mov with orig music

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Andrea Esty
Can't import .mov with orig music
on Nov 7, 2012 at 5:34:23 pm

I have an old .mov that I made and have lost all the original files to remake it. The file is huge, 2gig. Originally, I just wanted to make a smaller version. Quicktime 7 Pro greyed out the export feature (I paid for the upgrade) but seemed to work with other files. So, I tried importing into FCP. All was good till I realized the original music wouldn't transfer. I can't find the original of that either. Try as I might, I just can't get the music to import. Any ideas? Or maybe another program that can simply dumb down the original .mov?

Thanks

Return to posts index

Brad Elliott
Re: Can't import .mov with orig music
on Nov 7, 2012 at 5:45:13 pm

Mpg Streamclip should allow you to export an aif from the movie.

This problem could be related to the codec of the QT in question. What does QT say the codec and audio are?(command+i)
If the full version of QT can open every other file except this one you are probably missing the codec.

In my experience whenever I convert all audio to aif 48khz everything works well.

Return to posts index

Andrea Esty
on Nov 7, 2012 at 11:59:30 pm

Codecs : Linear PCM, MPG-4 AAC, Apple Intermediate Codec

Quicktime 7 Pro can open the file. It just can't export the file. I'm on Lion and hear that Quicktime 7 Pro has been having issues with Lion. I don't know if that is part of the problem.

I'll look for mpg Streamclip and see if that will work.

Return to posts index

Andrea Esty
on Nov 8, 2012 at 1:22:50 am

I used Mpg Streaming and exported the sound as an aiff. It gave me one track but not the music. I tried exporting as H264 and made smaller, but again the music was missing.

Grrrr

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]