FORUMS: list search recent posts

still having horrible problems with final cut undoing my audio edits

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
irene litapop
still having horrible problems with final cut undoing my audio edits
on Nov 6, 2012 at 11:09:32 pm

I posted about this last week, but the post off the active list very quickly and only one person had a suggestion (the suggestion was to delete my audio render files using render manage, which I've now done many times with no improvement).

Basically, out of nowhere, my FCP timeline for a very large feature-length project is acting like elves are living inside of it. Every time I adjust the audio levels, keyframes, or pan settings on a clip, elsewhere in the timeline my previous audio level / keyframe / pan edits get undone. This happens over, and over, and over again... seemingly in the same 10 places. I can see it happening - I fix one spot where the sound mix is all messed up, move on to the next trouble spot, manually save, then go back to the previous fixed spot and it is back to the way it was previously. I am wasting huge amounts of time and getting increasingly frustrated, making the same audio mix edits over and over again. What could be going on?

I'm I'm on OS 10.6.8, FCP 7.0.3. I've been working on this project, with the same set up, for months. I've never seen this before.

Return to posts index

Michael Gissing
Re: still having horrible problems with final cut undoing my audio edits
on Nov 7, 2012 at 7:05:41 am

have you done the usual preference trashing & repair permissions? usually when FCP acts weird it is corrupt preferences.

Digital Rebellion have a free preference manager that makes it easy to backup, trash and restore preferences.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]