FORUMS: list search recent posts

Link Audio clip to Video clip?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Michael Scott
Link Audio clip to Video clip?
on Nov 6, 2012 at 6:08:47 pm

I'm syncing sound for the first time in final cut pro (v 7.0.3). I'm used to clicking and dragging audio and video as a unit of course.

Is there a way to link these clips to one another so that I don't lose the sync if I drag the video or audio and the other is left where it was?

Thanks a bunch!

Return to posts index

Dennis Dean
Re: Link Audio clip to Video clip?
on Jan 3, 2013 at 5:29:45 pm

Michael - did you ever find answer to this? Have just run into same problem. Dropping clips onto the timeline but the audio and video is not linked. So we have to select both audio and video each time we move a clip. Aggravating.
Thanks

Dennis Dean
dennis@deangroup.com

Dennis Dean
The Dean Group
We'll help you get your story out!
http://www.deangroupmedia.com

Return to posts index

Michael Scott
on Jan 3, 2013 at 6:15:21 pm

I didn't. I had to just tough it out and move every clip by itself. It does help to rename clips that need to line up, just for the sake of organizing them. The problem there is that one end of the clip would always need to snap to the end of another to keep them from going even one frame out of sync.

I maybe didn't search as hard as I could for the answer, so it may be out there somewhere. It seems like a chore at first but if you do end up having to just tough it out it does get easier to manage.

Return to posts index

Dennis Dean
on Jan 3, 2013 at 6:18:17 pm

Thanks, Michael. I'm getting the distinct impression I would have been better off staying with Final Cut 6 - 7 is too much like Cripple Ware.

I tried one of the square buttons in the upper right corner of the sequence which I read is supposed to link clips - but it certainly doesn't link audio to video, unless we're doing something wrong.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,

Best,

Dennis Dean

Dennis Dean
The Dean Group
We'll help you get your story out!
http://www.deangroupmedia.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]