FORUMS: list search recent posts

Canon XF100 shots not all viable in FCP 7

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tommy Brown
Canon XF100 shots not all viable in FCP 7
on Nov 6, 2012 at 9:58:43 am

Hi there.

Was wondering if any of you might have come across this issue. We work on two shows where I am based (there are about 10 editors) with three full time cameramen. All three shoot on Canon cameras (1 XF100 & 2 XF300's). When we use the FCP 7 plugin not all the shots appear from time to time and are missed but if viewed in the Canon XF Utility they are there. 90% of the time however no one has time to duplicate the footage using the Canon XF Utility program and then transcoding to Prores 422.

Do any of you know how I can check what version of the plugin I have for FCP 7 or know of the issue why some shots are missing?

All the editors use FCP 7 on Lion and Snow Leopard with different levels of Apple updates (mine is fully updated Lion) and we still have the issue. I cut on iMac and on a Macbook Pro.

Your help will be appreciated, thanks.

Return to posts index

Michael Gissing
Re: Canon XF100 shots not all viable in FCP 7
on Nov 6, 2012 at 9:11:20 pm

My experience of Log & Transfer is that you have to leave the computer alone when ingesting. Even though it appears to work as a background process, changing to another screen, starting to edit, checking emails or having a browser open increases the chance that a clip may only partial convert.

So I make sure no other software is open, setup the L&T batch and walk away. Afterwards I check that all shots are in and correct duration.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]