FORUMS: list search recent posts

Music Video Edit

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dennis Cummins
Music Video Edit
on Nov 2, 2012 at 2:14:50 pm

Wondering if anyone can help me. I’m in the process of editing a music video which the band part was filmed 35 times (different angles etc) Is there anyway I can edit this easier then going through every track. I’ve cleaned up and synced the footage so all I need now is to assemble it but it’s going to take so long to do if I have to manually go through every track for a 3 sec shot. How many tracks can multicam handle? Or maybe someone has experience with this kind of edit and has a good workflow? Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
Re: Music Video Edit
on Nov 2, 2012 at 2:22:59 pm

Read the manual on Multicam. You can set up a number of synched tracks and then play them all together, hitting keys on the keyboard like they were buttons on a switcher in real time. If you screw up a take, keep going, because you can go back later and clean up the individual takes.

30-odd tracks will bring the Multicam to its knees. So do this in stages of up to six or so tracks at a time, then take the sub-master track of that, and run it thru multicam with another six tracks, etc.

Return to posts index

Dennis Cummins
Re: Music Video Edit
on Nov 3, 2012 at 11:17:11 am

Thats a great idea, thanks. How do I create a multicam clips if I have big gaps in some of the tracks? It doesnt seem to work even though I synced everything up at the start?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]