FORUMS: list search recent posts

Editing in different fps speeds: 50fps/210fps

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Robert Keyes
Editing in different fps speeds: 50fps/210fps
on Nov 1, 2012 at 2:04:26 pm

Hi There

I've got footage shot with the same camera (both at 1080i) - at 50fps and 210fps respectively. Is there a certain way I should set my sequence settings so as to preserve the crisp 50p footage (It's a paintball video, so the ability to see the flying balls is a distinct advantage), but interlace the 210fps bursts for a bit of slow-motion effect? (Channeling Cassidy Sanders)

Cheers

Rob

Return to posts index

Rafael Amador
Re: Editing in different fps speeds: 50fps/210fps
on Nov 1, 2012 at 3:18:00 pm

You say that some of your footage is 1080i50, then that you want to "preserve the crisp p50 footage".
Is the footage "i" or "p"?
If you want to slow down the 210fps (curious time base) stuff, you can conform it to a lower time-base with CinemaTool.
Work with duplicated clips. Conforming is a no backward process.
rafael

http://www.nagavideo.com

Return to posts index

Robert Keyes
on Nov 1, 2012 at 5:25:12 pm

Whoops, I get confused with things :) The camera says 1080i/50p. Therefore, confused as to what it is shooting at in the first place.

The 210fps stuff is the inbuilt so-motion capture speed, I might stretch it a bit in Motion but hopefully shouldn't have to.

Make sense or am I just confusing you more?

Return to posts index

Rafael Amador
on Nov 2, 2012 at 12:34:30 am

[Robert Keyes] "The camera says 1080i/50p. Therefore, confused as to what it is shooting at in the first place."
Still confusing.
Which camera has you shot with?

[Robert Keyes] "The 210fps stuff is the inbuilt so-motion capture speed, I might stretch it a bit in Motion but hopefully shouldn't have to."
If you try other than "conforming" you won't profit of the potential of the high speed shooting.
If you put that stuff on any FC sequence or Motion project at, let say, p50 and then you slow it down, is the same that you shot at p50 and then you slow it down.
You must CONFORM. Then the 210fps will be played at the speed you set, without processing the picture and with no quality lost.
rafael

http://www.nagavideo.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]