FORUMS: list search recent posts

31.97fps????

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Paul Ray
31.97fps????
on Oct 31, 2012 at 6:35:38 am

Hello,

I was given a bunch of .wmv footage to edit into a project. It was recorded straight from a video conferencing unit if I understand correctly. In other words, this footage was not captured on a camera.

I'm using MPEG Streamclip to convert the files to .mov, and when I drop these .mov's into FCP, it's telling me they are 31.97fps.... My sequence is 29.97fps (as is my other footage), and these are incredibly long clips that are falling out of sync with the audio almost immediately.

Is there a way to get these video files to 29.97?

Thanks!

Return to posts index

Rafael Amador
Re: 31.97fps????
on Oct 31, 2012 at 9:39:45 am

try conforming the movs with CinemaTool.
rafael

http://www.nagavideo.com

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: 31.97fps????
on Oct 31, 2012 at 2:24:35 pm

Do you have Flip4Mac from Telestream? If so, import the original clips into FCP, highlight them in the FCP Browser and look at the original frame rate. Don't trust the quicktime player to give you an accurate frame rate report.

You can download a free tryout of Flip4Mac to look at the frame rates.

If it is indeed 31.97, AND there is lip-sync sound track on these clips, you'll have to do a frame rate conversion using Compressor, and you'll have to open your wallet to purchase the real Flip4Mac; the tryout version only converts half of the original clips' durations.
Actually, you'll need the paid version of Flip4Mac to convert all WMV clips to ProRes 422 anyway, whether they need frame rate conversion or not.

Dave LaRonde
Former Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]