FORUMS: list search recent posts

Mixed Frame Sizes within the Same Project

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Harrison Gruber
Mixed Frame Sizes within the Same Project
on Oct 31, 2012 at 6:18:56 am

I just completed logging and transferring all of my footage to start editing my project and lo and behold I notice that some of the footage is 1280x720 while some of the other footage is 1920x1080. What should I do? Can the two co-exist in the same sequence or will I have to do something to make them compatible?

Panicked in L.A.

Return to posts index

Harrison Gruber
Re: Mixed Frame Sizes within the Same Project
on Oct 31, 2012 at 6:20:46 am

p.s. All footage is Pro Res 422 and 23.98 but the data rates are also different. Ahhhhhh!!!! :(

Return to posts index

Rafael Amador
on Oct 31, 2012 at 9:49:04 am

No problem. Edit on a 1280x720 sequence.
If you do the other way, you will need to blow up a lot the 1280x720 stuff and will lose quality.

[Harrison Gruber] "p.s. All footage is Pro Res 422 and 23.98 but the data rates are also different. Ahhhhhh!!!! :("
As should be.
With the same time base and with same codec, the 1920x1080 will have much higher data rate than the 1280x720 footage.
rafael.

http://www.nagavideo.com

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Oct 31, 2012 at 2:29:48 pm

Don't worry about the data rate variations. Don't worry about the differing sizes. Worry about two other things:

1) Everything gets transcoded to ProRes 422
2) The frame size you need to DELIVER.

The delivery size -- the H&V resolution -- will determine the H&V resolution to which you'll transcode all the clips. Transcoding to ProRes 422 ensures a trouble-free edit in FCP.

Dave LaRonde
Former Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]