FORUMS: list search recent posts

Reconnect logged clips from a Master clip (not a tape)?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Corey Frey
Reconnect logged clips from a Master clip (not a tape)?
on Oct 30, 2012 at 4:17:04 pm

QUESTION: Is there a simple way to reconnect logged clips from a master clip? Essentially treat the file as a tape?

Here is the predicament...

We had a previous contract editor cut a project for us. We need the project from him to rework it.

He has the original project file, but deleted the footage. He does have the HDCAM tape but we do not have an HDCAM deck.

We are sending the tape to a company to capture, they will only capture it as one large master clip, start to finish of the tape onto a hard drive for us.

The editor obviously logged clips and only captured what he needed.

So normally to reconnect footage, we would use a deck and batch capture, we don't have that option this time.

QUESTION: Is there a simple way to reconnect logged clips from a master clip? Essentially treat the file as a tape?

Return to posts index

Corey Frey
Re: Reconnect logged clips from a Master clip (not a tape)?
on Oct 30, 2012 at 4:30:09 pm

The only thing I can think to do is force reconnect them individually to the master clip file regardless of name since they should share the same timecode. I don't have the captured master clip yet so I can't test this.

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: connect logged clips from a Master clip (not a tape)?
on Oct 30, 2012 at 7:32:54 pm

FCP won't do it, not without help. FCP Reconnect is what you'll need to do this. I've used it and it works well. Made by Video Toolshed.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]