FORUMS: list search recent posts

Sky color shifting at lower third fade up after export to MP4 using Quicktime Conversion

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Catherine Ceigersmidt
Sky color shifting at lower third fade up after export to MP4 using Quicktime Conversion
on Oct 29, 2012 at 9:26:11 pm

**UPDATE** I seem to have fixed the problem by applying the color smoothing 4:1:1 effect. It sounded plausible and I had no idea if it would work but it seems to have done the trick!

Hi Folks,

I'm having trouble correcting a color issue in a web video I'm producing for a client. The sky behind the interviewee is a greyish blue, and in the final MP4, when the lower third fades up, the sky instantly changes to a green hue. This problem is occurring during the compression process, as there is no color shifting in the FCP project video. I tried switching out the lower third graphic with a different lower third but it actually made the shifting worse in the exported MP4 and the sky also began flickering, but again I saw no change in the actual FCP project video before the export. I'm exporting using Quicktime conversion. I also have Compressor but I do not know how to create an Mp4 file with an h.264 codec in that program, as is the necessary deliverable specs, or if using a different program would solve the issue. Any suggestions?

Many thanks,

Cathy

Final Cut Pro 6.0.6
Quicktime ver. 10
Video File Specs:
File Type - .mp4
Video Codec - h.264
Aspect Ratio - full-frame 16:9
Bit Rate > 3000 kb/s
Frame Rate - 29.97 fps
Resolution - 864x486
Audio Codec - AAC
Sample Rate > 44.1khz

Return to posts index

Jerry Hofmann
Re: Sky color shifting at lower third fade up after export to MP4 using Quicktime Conversion
on Oct 30, 2012 at 1:19:46 am

Export the video as a self contained QuickTime movie using current settings. Open that file for your mp4 compression in Compressor. The resulting file will look identical to the exported QT movie... so check that file for the problem. If it's not there. you're home free.

Jerry

Apple Certified Trainer, Producer, Writer, Director Editor, Gun for Hire and other things. I ski. My Blog: http://blogs.creativecow.net/Jerry-Hofmann

Current DVD:
http://store.creativecow.net/p/81/jerry_hofmanns_final_cut_system_setup

8-Core 3.0 Intel Mac Pro, Dual 2 gig G5, AJA Kona SD, AJA Kona 2, Huge Systems Array UL3D, AJA Io HD, 17" MBP, Matrox MXO2 with MAX - Cinema Displays I have a 22" that I paid 4k for still working. G4 with Kona SD card, and SCSI card.

Return to posts index

Rafael Amador
Re: Sky color shifting at lower third fade up after export to MP4 using Quicktime Conversion
on Oct 30, 2012 at 2:33:48 am

Fallow Jerry's advice.
Probably QT is processing that in RGB and producing the color shift.
Avoid QT Conversion.
rafael

http://www.nagavideo.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]