I have three Mac Pro workstations that will be used for editing, colorgrading and animation and they all need to be connected to the same RAID, so that they will all have access to the same footage. In theory, all three workstations should be able to work on the same project simultaneously.
I also need a RAID where all raw video footage will be stored for backup purposes.
My workflow will look like this:
1. Shooting the actual footage
2. Backing up raw footage on RAID
3. Converting footage for editing on FCP7 and placing it on separate RAID which is connected to all three workstations
4. Editor edits the footage into a final project
5. Animator accesses final project from a different workstation and creates the animations
6. Colorist accesses final project from a different workstation and grades the project
7. Export OMF for sound designer
8. Gather all and export a final product
So, to sum things up, I need the following:
1 RAID for backup of raw footage
1 RAID for storing project files and converted media for editing on all three workstations simultaeneously
What kind of RAID should I get and how do I connect all three workstations at once for a seamless workflow?