FORUMS: list search recent posts

Output to tape

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Madison Premo
Output to tape
on Oct 29, 2012 at 6:37:05 am

I have a client that still insists on putting the feature to a tape when in my industry, most of my clients have done away with tape ages ago.

That being said; he also insists the output be Apple Pro Res. Yet, he handed me a Sony PDV-184N DVCAM tape. I have a Sony DSR-11 deck and a Sony GV-HD700 deck. When I go to the DSR-11 I get the pink and green hatched screen. When I try to go to the other Sony deck, I get nothing.

The client insists all the other editors manage to output just fine. What am I doing wrong?

Help!

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: Output to tape
on Oct 29, 2012 at 2:26:13 pm

If you connect to the decks via FireWire, the sequence setting you use must be DV. Only DV will output to a DV deck, unless you have a capture card.

But even if you have a ProRes sequence, it'll become DV when you output to DV tape.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Madison Premo
on Oct 29, 2012 at 3:22:20 pm

I had a feeling. This client seems to insist that what is on tape is HD. I knew something was wrong. Thanks for the help!

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Oct 29, 2012 at 5:56:20 pm

Well, the Sony GV-HD700 deck is HDV. If you want to output to that via firewire, you need to use an HDV sequence. That is HD. Best way to do this is export a QT file, reimport it...make an HDV sequence, add that file to it...render...PRINT TO VIDEO.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Steve Eisen
on Oct 29, 2012 at 6:04:56 pm

[Shane Ross] "make an HDV sequence, add that file to it...render...PRINT TO VIDEO."
Make sure to charge your client for render time!

Steve Eisen
Eisen Video Productions
Vice President
Chicago Creative Pro Users Group

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]