FORUMS: list search recent posts

Using white color solids as mattes

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Michael Jones
Using white color solids as mattes
on Oct 27, 2012 at 9:01:17 pm

Hoping someone has a solution to this issue I've dealt with for some time and need to resolve...I frequently get images that are surrounded by white but aren't the same dimensions as my canvas. So I create a white color solid that fills the canvas, then I place the image on top of that to make the entire background a consistent white. However, when I dissolve to the next image, the previous image and the solid don't dissolve at the same rate, so I always see the outline of the previous image before the dissolve is complete. Is there a solution for this? I thought if I nested the image and the solid, that might work, but it didn't.

Return to posts index

Michael Gissing
Re: Using white color solids as mattes
on Oct 28, 2012 at 12:10:16 am

Generated white will not match shot white. Why not steal white from the original shot, reframe on another layer and then crop to make the edges out of the original.

Return to posts index

Michael Jones
Re: Using white color solids as mattes
on Oct 28, 2012 at 2:05:03 am

Such a simple solution...thanks for your quick response. Actually, your suggestion made me think of another more expeditious solution...make a freeze frame of the composite and cut it in right before the dissolve point. This only works with the static art I'm dealing with now. I will definitely use your solution when dealing with a moving image. Thanks!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]