FORUMS: list search recent posts

Silent Audio Tracks?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Daniel Monskey
Silent Audio Tracks?
on Oct 26, 2012 at 8:53:36 pm

I am using FCP 7.0.3. I have a sequence of clips in the timeline with 4 audio channels. Some of the clips play their audio others will not (even though there is audio registered on the viewer window as well as movement in the levels tool). I have maximized the volume of the channels of the viewer (which raises the levels response on the levels tool). I have trashed the FCP plist preferences, but I still have the condition. What is causing this and what can I do to remedy it?
This is happening to channel 3 & 4 in case this is critical to the issue and solution.
Dan

Daniel Monskey

Return to posts index

Jerry Hofmann
Re: Silent Audio Tracks?
on Oct 30, 2012 at 1:22:18 am

What format are the source clip's which contain said audio tracks?

Jerry

Apple Certified Trainer, Producer, Writer, Director Editor, Gun for Hire and other things. I ski. My Blog: http://blogs.creativecow.net/Jerry-Hofmann

Current DVD:
http://store.creativecow.net/p/81/jerry_hofmanns_final_cut_system_setup

8-Core 3.0 Intel Mac Pro, Dual 2 gig G5, AJA Kona SD, AJA Kona 2, Huge Systems Array UL3D, AJA Io HD, 17" MBP, Matrox MXO2 with MAX - Cinema Displays I have a 22" that I paid 4k for still working. G4 with Kona SD card, and SCSI card.

Return to posts index

Daniel Monskey
on Oct 30, 2012 at 3:23:09 am

Thanks for responding Jerry. They are shot with a Panasonic HVX-200 camera using DVCPRO HD (1080p30), Linear PCM, Timecode format. I think the problem is more likely FCP rather than the clips (but diagnosis needs to start somewhere). I suspect it is in the FCP project settings. When I move the audio clips to different tracks (from tracks 3 & 4 to tracks 5 & 6) and delete the empty tracks the audio is audible. I used a project from someone else to modify or add to it. So when I copied the project, deleted the clip files in the timeline to add new ones, I suspect their tracks were set silent and I duplicated all the settings along with the project. However, when I asked them about it they didn't know anything about it.

So---I have been able to work around it. Also, when I create a new project, starting from scratch the problem does not exist. So, in trying to make it easier and have our settings match by duplicating things I duplicated their ignorant settings too.

If I continue to have problems, that is, if my diagnosis is incorrect, I'll pay Jerry, the veterinary doctor and his barn-yard pals (Creative Cow pokes) another visit.
Thanks again!
Dan

Daniel Monskey

Return to posts index

Daniel Monskey
on Oct 30, 2012 at 7:43:48 pm

Yup---I found some more silent tracks! So I cleared the tracks, deleted them and added more as replacements. Now they have come up as silent. I think there is something in my settings that is introducing new elements with specific settings---silent mode.
Is there somewhere in the settings that can set something like this---and therefore can be changed back to active mode with new track introductions?
Dan

Daniel Monskey

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]