FORUMS: list search recent posts

HD Video and .TIF Photos in combined sequence issue..

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Marshall Beecher
HD Video and .TIF Photos in combined sequence issue..
on Oct 26, 2012 at 7:15:12 pm

Hey Group,

Thanks in advance for this help. I am currently trying to finish a program thru Final Cut Pro V7.0.3 on my MacBook Pro with with OSX 10.6, 2.53 Ghz Duo with 8GB of RAM, with a 500GB external FW800 drive for a scratch disk. The program is short, only about 16mins and includes a compilation of HD video, followed on the end by about 3:30mins of a photo "slide show" with music which I also edited on the FCP timeline.

Everything looks great, as many of my video programs have, the issue lies in the use of photos, which are all .TIFF files which should be sized properly (height is 2160 - double the pixel height for my 1920X1080 HD program, which should allow proper downsizing, correct? I tried with the photos exactly 1080 in height and had the same issues.)

sequence settings as follows:
1920 X 1080 HDTV 1080i (16:9)
pixel aspect: square
field dominance: Upper (odd)
Compressor: Apple Pro Res 422 @ 100%

The final product is exported as a quicktime movie with movie self-contained and burned in Toast Titanium 10.0.4 and burned right to Verbatim Blu Ray Media.

The problem I am having is all the photos are just 4 second stills with simple cross fade transitions between them. Perhaps I am being too picky but on a few of the cross fades there seems to be some non-smooth noise lines between a few of the photos, with some of them doing a slight flicker as the image transitions. I know I initially tried the photo sequence as a separate export (without the HD video on it), tested it and it looked fine with all the transitions to photos looking perfect. Once placed on the same timeline as the HD footage I am now having these issues. Anyone have any ideas why?

Any suggestions would be great! Many thanks in advance!

Marshall W. Beecher
Chicago, IL.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]