FORUMS: list search recent posts

I can't reinstall FCP

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Fabrizio D'Agnano
I can't reinstall FCP
on Oct 25, 2012 at 6:55:53 am

Hello.
Yesterday I was working on a documentary that I need to delivery tomorrow, when PP7 refused to save it, and prompted me a "save as" option, but would not let me. I forced it to quit, and after that it refused to launch (FCP, not the project). I tried thrashing preferences and the such, to no avail. So I followed the info for a new custom install. I find the finalCutPro option greyed out, and it won't let me do it. The only thing I could not do was finding the Receipts. They were not in the System/Library, and I could not find them anywhere. What's wrong? I am running OS X 10.6.8 on a 2008 Mac Pro
thank you

Fabrizio D'Agnano
Rome, Italy

Return to posts index

Doug Lyons
Re: I can't reinstall FCP
on Oct 25, 2012 at 11:06:01 pm

Hmmm. That's odd. I'm just doing the same reinstall now and I easily found my receipts in Bootdrive/Library/Receipts. Not in your use library. I'm running 10.7.5 so maybe it is a little different.

-- A Proud member of the Reality Based Community since 1992.

Return to posts index

Fabrizio D'Agnano
on Oct 26, 2012 at 12:31:17 pm

After the first two or three failures, I tried and launched the DigitalRebellion removal tool, so maybe it found them and trashed them It should be all clean now, but I can't install just the same. I have done this a few times before and I never had any problem. If I mouse over the greyed line, I get a "TTNEWERALREADYINSTALLED" warning.
Maybe I'll have to try and install all FCPS from sratch, and that would be quite a pain, with updates and everything.

Fabrizio D'Agnano
Rome, Italy

Return to posts index

Fabrizio D'Agnano
on Oct 30, 2012 at 4:55:15 pm

OK, solved.
I ran the DigitalRebellion removal tool again, and this time I added the "shared files" among the ones I wanted to remove. It found the receipts folder and I was able to delete them, and then succesfully reinstall FCP.

Fabrizio D'Agnano
Rome, Italy

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]