FORUMS: list search recent posts

Square pixel aspect ratio

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jesse Adlin
Square pixel aspect ratio
on Oct 25, 2012 at 3:35:26 am

Trying to compress a 960x720 mov file. Seems as if I have to change the pixel aspect ratio to squrae. I'm using FCP 7. How do you do this?

Thanks.

Return to posts index

Michael Gissing
Re: Square pixel aspect ratio
on Oct 25, 2012 at 4:10:10 am

1280 x 720 is square so that is the setting. If you ever want to know square ratios for 16:9 images, just grab a calculator, multiply 720 x 16 and then divide by 9 and voila.

Usually skinny raster codecs keep the vertical correct so you base the calculation on either the 720 or 1080 vertical pixels.

Return to posts index

Jesse Adlin
on Oct 25, 2012 at 12:56:35 pm

Thanks. Let me take this a step further. When I'm compressing the file I want to take the original at 2.14 GB and make it less than 100mb. No matter what smaller frame size I choose the compressed version turns out with an odd shape. I read I have to change some option so the square pixel aspect ratio is checked off. Where in fcp 7 can you do this. Or is there a better way to do this.

I've tried using compressor and the files it spits out aren't browser friendly where the final version will end up on the web as part of my reel.

Return to posts index

Michael Gissing
on Oct 25, 2012 at 10:58:53 pm

Are you using QuickTime conversion? If so then you can define the pixel aspect as custom and make any size you want

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]