FORUMS: list search recent posts

FCP7 not saving project files to a network drive

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Doug Lyle
FCP7 not saving project files to a network drive
on Oct 24, 2012 at 8:18:31 pm

FCP7 will not save projects to our network drive. A zero sized project file is created when I first do a "save as," but after that when I hit save, no file is actually saved. The auto save files do appear, but they show a file size of zero. I can save to my local RAID, which is my workaround.

I recently upgraded to 10.8, and FCP7 worked fine until I updated my Colorista II plug-ins from Red Giant. FCP7 would crash on exit every time after that. That's also when my saving issue began. I've uninstalled Colorista which fixed the crash on exit problem, but the network saving problem persists.

Renders do save to their proper place on the network drive. I suspect I'll have to re-install FCP7, but I thought I'd see if anyone else has heard of this phenomenon.

Thanks,
-Doug

MacPro 3,1 (Early 2008)

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: FCP7 not saving project files to a network drive
on Oct 24, 2012 at 9:32:32 pm

Ah, not a clean install. You can count on FCP exhibiting weirdness if you don't do a clean install.

Incidentally, that goes for the OS as well. To keep things running smoothly, don't do a simple update. Do a clean install.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

Dave LaRonde
Former Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Doug Lyle
Re: FCP7 not saving project files to a network drive
on Oct 31, 2012 at 8:40:50 pm

As I was prepping to do a clean install a co-worker told me she was having the same problem. Eventually four of us had the same thing happen. Thus my suspicion turns more towards our RAID. Restarts fix the problem for a few hours but it always returns.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]