FORUMS: list search recent posts

Resetting the default sequence settings... instant correctness without adustment

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Travis Roesler
Resetting the default sequence settings... instant correctness without adustment
on Oct 22, 2012 at 8:53:20 pm

I need to copy a ton of clips to their own sequences. It will be incredibly annoying to have to change the sequence settings every single time. Is there any possible way that I can just set the sequence settings so that every time I click "add new sequence", everything is correct?

That would be amazing. Thanks in advance for your time.

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: Resetting the default sequence settings... instant correctness without adustment
on Oct 22, 2012 at 9:39:29 pm

Yes. Go into the EASY SETUPS...choose the one that matches what you are doing. Or modify one to match...and have that selected. Then every new sequence will have those settings.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Travis Roesler
Re: Resetting the default sequence settings... instant correctness without adustment
on Oct 23, 2012 at 4:24:15 am

Hey Shane,

Thanks for the help man! Unfortunately, I went into easy setups, and nothing seems to match my currect sequence settings. When I hit command 0 to pull up the sequence settings, it says HD 1440x1080... nowhere in the entire "easy setup" list is that option given. I don't know what to pick and I dont want to screw up my video :-/

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Oct 23, 2012 at 4:25:20 am

Look at the HDV settings. They are 1440x1080. There's also a ProRes 1440x1080 setting, for HDV captured as ProRes. You don't have those?

Shane
Little Frog Post

Return to posts index

Travis Roesler
on Oct 23, 2012 at 4:37:35 am

I uploaded a couple of images for ya so you can see what the heck im dealing with here.

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Oct 23, 2012 at 7:20:24 am

I don't see them.

You should have HDV 1080i60...and i50, I'm not sure what frame rate you are working with. 1440x1080 is an HDV frame size.

Shane
Little Frog Post

Return to posts index

Joseph Owens
on Oct 23, 2012 at 4:29:51 pm

Why not try dropping a clip onto a sequence, accept the Apple dialog to change the sequence settings to match the media... note the settings that Apple creates, and then use that data to create your own Easy Setup?

jPo

"I always pass on free advice -- its never of any use to me" Oscar Wilde.

Return to posts index

Travis Roesler
on Oct 23, 2012 at 5:24:14 pm

I was doing that, but when you have 200 sequences to make, the keystrokes add up. The problem that I'm having is that after I accept the dialogue and look at the settings, I'm not able to see an identical option in the easy set up.

There should be some type of auto detect easy set-up, or "copy sequence settings"... I'm mad that there isnt.

Return to posts index

Brad Elliott
on Oct 24, 2012 at 3:24:48 pm

Wouldn't this work?

Create a sequence with the proper settings and remove any clips etc.
Duplicate
rename
paste new content

Even with easy set-up you will still have to name the sequence and paste the content

Return to posts index

Travis Roesler
on Oct 25, 2012 at 5:16:36 pm

That's brilliant... and by brilliant, I mean completely obvious but yea... why the hell didn't I think to just duplicate the same sequence over and over.

Good call man, thanks!

Return to posts index

Nick Meyers
on Oct 24, 2012 at 10:58:20 pm

i think most people are suggesting going beyond the Easy Setup and creating your own sequence preset
this would be done in your A/V settings (under the FCP menu)

i have another solution.

put ALL the clips into one sequence.
duplicate the sequence (not absolutely necessary, but wont hurt either)

now go through your sequence, select each clip and NEST it (optionC)

one cool thing about this is that the clip name will automatically be the nest name, saving you the chore of naming each new sequence after the clip.

nick

Return to posts index

Travis Roesler
on Oct 25, 2012 at 5:18:32 pm

I like it but the only reason that I need a bunch of individual sequences is because I have 200 videos where I'm teaching something in individual projects. These are demonstration clips for those videos, so each demonstration needs to be plopped into that video file as its only little unit.... at least thats the best way I can think to do it currently. :-/

Thank you for your help!

Return to posts index

Nick Meyers
on Oct 25, 2012 at 10:36:47 pm

when you create a nest you get both a nested sequence in the timeline AND a new sequence in the browser,
so you do get what you want.

but if each sequence also needs to be in it's own project, then establishing the correct sequence preset really is the way to go.

every new project will have the correct type of sequence, with no copy paste involved.

all of these workarounds will take longer that getting your sequence presets right.

but nesting saves a step or two either way
(if you don't need individual projects)

cheers,
nick

Return to posts index

Travis Roesler
on Oct 28, 2012 at 9:18:28 pm

Nick... you are a man of brilliance. I completely see what you're saying, AND it helps me organize all of the little clips in the main sequence.

Thank you for your help with this one... this is a kick ass solution.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]