FORUMS: list search recent posts

Audio workflow in a sequence - when to reduce ambient noise in a project?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Rusty Cockrell
Audio workflow in a sequence - when to reduce ambient noise in a project?
on Oct 22, 2012 at 7:30:10 pm

I have some interviews in a pretty controlled environment and it will be easy to reduce the ambient noise in Soundtrack Pro. Does anybody have any suggestions on when to perform the step of noise reduction in the audio tracks? Should I reduce noise before starting my rough cut? Or should I wait and make noise reduction one of my last steps?

Does anybody have a link on how to send multiple sound clips in a sequence to Soundtrack Pro all at once to cut down on time picking through each individual clip?

Thanks.

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
Re: Audio workflow in a sequence - when to reduce ambient noise in a project?
on Oct 22, 2012 at 7:44:13 pm

I leave audio sweetening and color for after the cutting is done. no sense wasting render time or storage on sections that may not end up in the final piece.

Return to posts index

Rusty Cockrell
on Oct 22, 2012 at 7:56:17 pm

Thanks Mark. I had the same inclination after thinking about it. But I don't have any experience with Soundtrack Pro and don't know how to fix the audio efficiently to save time and headache. If you or anybody else has any pointers on how to take a whole sequence into Soundtrack Pro to reduce noise without picking through each clip I am all ears. It is pretty straightforward...I have three interviews all in the same environment (a very quiet room) and the same ambient background throughout each clip.

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
on Oct 22, 2012 at 8:39:46 pm

Sounds like a question for the Soundtrack forum... but I know that once you treat one section, you should be able to cut and paste those attributes into the other clips and move that much farther ahead.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]