FORUMS: list search recent posts

Importing .mts files, that were originally imported on windows.

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jake Extine
Importing .mts files, that were originally imported on windows.
on Oct 22, 2012 at 3:09:41 am

Alright, I'm experiencing a real issue here. I had footage on an SD card shot on a panavision in AVCHD format. I imported them from the card onto my home computer, running windows 7, via the menu that pops up when you insert the card. Then I put copied the video folders from windows onto a flash drive, brought them to a computer lab, and have been trying to import them into final cut pro 7. I tried Log and Transfer, and it said " (blank) contains unsupported media or has an invalid directory structure. Please choose a folder whose directory structure matches supported media."

What do I do!

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: Importing .mts files, that were originally imported on windows.
on Oct 22, 2012 at 4:49:21 am

Don't still have that SD card do you?

You need to back up the FULL card structure, as it exists on that card. Don't let any Windows OS do that for you. Make a new folder, copy everything inside that card when you first open it, INTO that folder.

But what do to now? You might need ClipWrap2. It doesn't need the card structure. $50, but worth it.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Alan Okey
on Oct 22, 2012 at 11:17:22 pm

[Jake Extine] "I had footage on an SD card shot on a panavision in AVCHD format."

WOW! A PANAVISION camera that records AVCHD?

Sorry...

Could. Not. Resist.

;)

Return to posts index

Jake Extine
on Oct 23, 2012 at 2:02:31 am

Hooooooly crap... I meant panasonic. WOW. C'mon cut me some slack it I had been shooting for twelve hours before I made that post haha ;P

Anyhow, I realized that was the problem, thanks a ton. I'll keep that In mind next time I try to use final cut. Luckily, a friend is letting me use his comp with sony vegas, which (thankfully) takes AVCHD. So thanks guys, much appreciated.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]