FORUMS: list search recent posts

XMLs in FCP 7

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Craig Speer
XMLs in FCP 7
on Oct 21, 2012 at 1:59:45 am

Hi Folks,

I'm having a rather strange problem. Myself and an editor are using a Workflow whereby i make assemblies of the footage for the project and then export the sequence as an XML and email it to him and he imports it into his master project.

The problem we are having is that once the clips have been through the process of an export and import they no longer recognise their source. Each clip seems to behave independent of each other, for example if one master clip is called 'IV JOHN - talks about birds' then all the clips that have been cut from that master clip don't reconnect themselves to the same clip in the browser.

We realised the problem when we were trying to Match frame a clip and instead of the clip going to the DV-PAL footage that in the browser has 'Ananmorphic' turned on it was linking to the QT itself. it then means that the aspect ratio is then different to when it's dragged on to the timeline and it's driving the editor crazy.

In addition to this when we match clip and the clip appears in the Viewer if we click 'Reveal Master Clip' it suggessts that the clip isn't there and would we like to add it. and then it does the same for every clip that should be coming from the same source.

To sum up i guess there is no link between the sequence and the Browser clips that i guess it should be referencing. Simply offlining the sequence and the browser clips and then reconnecting the browser clips has no affect on the timeline.

Anyone have any ideas how to reconfigure that link or what is indeed going on,

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: XMLs in FCP 7
on Oct 21, 2012 at 2:07:31 am

Why not make a new project...drag the sequence you are working on into that project, save it...and send him that? A project with only the sequence. See what happens.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Craig Speer
on Oct 21, 2012 at 11:32:47 am

absolutely, from here on in it will be all project files that will be sent which tends to have no problems but unfortunately it doesn't help me solve the problem with the sequences that we've already been working on.

and is this how all XMLs perform?

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Oct 21, 2012 at 8:47:11 pm

Why doesn't it? Take the sequence you are working on...put it into a new project, send the other editor that.

XMLs are pretty robust, but don't carry over everything.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]