FORUMS: list search recent posts

XDCAM EX Compressor Settings

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Maria Bartholdi
XDCAM EX Compressor Settings
on Oct 19, 2012 at 10:46:26 pm

Hi there -

Compressor does not seem to come with a setting for XDCAM EX 1080i60. I was wondering if anyone knew where I could download one from -- or how I could create my own. I am converting .mov footage shot on a DSLR and would not like to always have to render in my Final Cut timeline.

Thank you!
Maria

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: XDCAM EX Compressor Settings
on Oct 20, 2012 at 12:44:36 am

XDCAM EX would not be a particularly good choice for editing in FCP, particularly with a duration of any significance.

You'd be much better off transcoding to ProRes 422. FCP and ProRes are a match made in heaven... Okay, the match was made in Cupertino, California, but you get the idea.

Dave LaRonde
Former Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Oct 20, 2012 at 1:02:33 am

I second that. XDCAM would be a very BAD choice. ProRes is what you want. ProRes 422, or ProRes LT.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Maria Bartholdi
on Oct 20, 2012 at 5:06:23 am

The reason I am doing XDCAM EX is because that is what the majority of footage was shot in. I didn't want to have to convert everything if I didn't have to.

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Oct 20, 2012 at 9:17:15 am

Best option would be to convert it to ProRes, and edit everything in a ProRes sequence. The XDCAM would have a green render, but play back fine. But, do what you want...we are only advising.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Chris Babbitt
on Oct 20, 2012 at 5:37:59 pm

If it's 1080i SP, it's the same as HDV, and Compressor has a setting for that. If it's HQ, then you're out of luck.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]