FORUMS: list search recent posts

importing batch list to compressor

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
diego delanoe
importing batch list to compressor
on Oct 18, 2012 at 10:24:00 pm

Hi ALL,

This is my situation. I have a project shot on a canon dslr. The files were transcoded to prores 422, and the movie is already been edited. But i want to transcode the original clips to prores444 and re link them to the final editing. Im looking for the most economic way to do it, to save time and disc space.
I want to do a batch list from the clips that were actually used and leave off the rest, then import that batch list and re-encode the original clips at prores 444 in compressor or mpeg streamclip.
I been playing around but i dont find a way to do this.

Thanks for any help!!

THE PANIC PROPAGANDA

Return to posts index

Michael Gissing
Re: importing batch list to compressor
on Oct 18, 2012 at 10:32:37 pm

Did you transcode using the Canon plugin in Log & Transfer? If so then there is an offline/ online workpath that Shane Ross helpfully provided in a tutorial.

If not then you may have issues with reel names & timecode that would allow you to Media Manage to shorten shots to recapture. Without timecode however, you may be forced to relink whole files manually.

Any particular reason to go 4444?

Return to posts index

Joseph Owens
on Oct 18, 2012 at 11:25:52 pm

[diego delanoe] "I want to do a batch list from the clips that were actually used and leave off the rest, then import that batch list and re-encode the original clips at prores 444 "

This sounds like a Media Manage, take clips offline and re-import using the codec you wish. However, with the Canon DSLR source media, ProRes 4444 is actually a bigger waste of time and disk space than you are anticipating.

jPo

"I always pass on free advice -- its never of any use to me" Oscar Wilde.

Return to posts index

diego delanoe
on Oct 19, 2012 at 1:27:37 am

Yes i know i'll be a lot of time and space, but im taking the footage into a color grading house and their prcedure is to work on prores 4444.
The thing is that after media manager and making clips off/line, how do i get just the clips i want to transcode out of the original folder?

Thanks

THE PANIC PROPAGANDA

Return to posts index

Michael Gissing
on Oct 19, 2012 at 4:40:23 am

How did you transfer from H264 to ProRes in the first place.

Return to posts index

diego delanoe
on Oct 19, 2012 at 4:52:15 am

Hi Michael,

It wasnt me who did the transcoding, so im not sure, i´ll have to ask, but my guess is compressor.

THE PANIC PROPAGANDA

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]