FORUMS: list search recent posts

Problems w/aspect ratio when exporting from FCP

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ariel Ritchin
Problems w/aspect ratio when exporting from FCP
on Oct 18, 2012 at 9:09:17 pm

This is a long one: So I've just finished editing 10 hour-long videos from a conference. All sequences match the clip settings: 1440x1080, 29.97 fps, XDCAM HD 1080i60 35 Mb/s VBR, 48.0 KHz.
I'm trying to export for the web using Quicktime Conversion H.264, Compressor Native with AAC audio.
Once exported, the videos all come out looking vertically stretched.
I understand that's probably because it's set at 1440x1080, but when I look at my footage in the viewer with "Correct Aspect Ratio" checked, it looks great and is 16:9.
Is there a way to export like this, so it comes out 16:9 without any black bordering? Is this a problem with how the footage was imported? Please don't tell me I have to edit these all over again!
Thanks in advance,
Ariel

Return to posts index

Michael Gissing
Re: Problems w/aspect ratio when exporting from FCP
on Oct 18, 2012 at 9:46:42 pm

When you export the correct aspect is 1920 x 1080.

Return to posts index

Ariel Ritchin
on Oct 19, 2012 at 5:14:19 am

Wow. A very simple answer to a very long-winded quesiton. Thanks!
After I export to 1920x1080 H.264... do you have any advice in terms of compression settings in MPEG Streamclip?

Return to posts index

Kylee Peña
on Oct 19, 2012 at 3:04:49 pm

If you're exporting for YouTube, they have their own suggestions.

Otherwise, it depends on what you're trying to accomplish and what kind of player you're using. You have to decide what's an acceptable level of compression vs size for what your audience needs. Maybe start around 1500kbps as the max bitrate and see what happens? Keep the audio as high quality as you can though. Not much to be saved in file size for what you sacrifice in quality.

blog: kyleesportfolio.com/blog
twitter: @kyl33t
demo: kyleewall.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]