FORUMS: list search recent posts

FCP on 10.7.4 and OWC drive

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Eugene Lehnert
FCP on 10.7.4 and OWC drive
on Oct 18, 2012 at 7:49:33 pm

I had a client have issues with 10.7.4 and FCP. I understand it's not supported by Apple but I have been able to use it on my projects so far. I have a client with a large project running off of OWC raids over Esata and getting massive drop frames. They scaled back to 10.6.8 and they are having much fewer problems. OWC raids are a little cheaper than G-Tech stuff and I have little experience with OWC drives. Has anyone encountered this issue before? Are OWC raid controllers lower quality or is 10.7.4 just buggy with large FCP projects?

Return to posts index

Michael Gissing
Re: FCP on 10.7.4 and OWC drive
on Oct 18, 2012 at 11:49:45 pm

esata drivers? Changing OS may have implications for esata drivers depending on your esata card. If they were not up to date or there are specific issues then the drive and card manufacturers may be able to pinpoint the problem. Dropped frames over esata shouldn't happen.

Return to posts index

Eugene Lehnert
Re: FCP on 10.7.4 and OWC drive
on Oct 19, 2012 at 6:14:53 pm

I know it's crazy. FCP clearly drops frames and doesn't report them either. The preferences were reset just to make sure but alas the image is stuttering and FCP just keeps on going when it shouldn't. It does warn us every now and then, it's very intermittent. We rolled back to 10.6.8. I'll have to look into the drivers with the new OS. I've had some issues with the OWC drives. They are one of the cheaper Raids on the market and I was wondering if other people were seeing problems. Smaller projects seem to work normally but the big film had lots of trouble playing back.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]