FORUMS: list search recent posts

Exporting multiple clips and walking away

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Travis Roesler
Exporting multiple clips and walking away
on Oct 17, 2012 at 3:00:16 pm

Hey guys,

I've been having a really tough time figuring out compressor and just a general way to export multiple sequences at a time. They all seem to come out the wrong size... and by size I mean resolution. Also, they are much larger than I want them to be. Typically, I export with:
Video - h264
1280x720
Medium quality
Hinted streaming- fast start

Sound I just typically let do its thing, though I usually try for IMA 4:1, and 32khz.

I have a LOT of stuff to export, and it will be a huge pain if I can't figure out some way to get this done in one click. Thank you guys for all of your help.

Return to posts index

Sandeep Sajeev
Re: Exporting multiple clips and walking away
on Oct 17, 2012 at 7:50:55 pm

Hi,

What are your Sequence Settings (frame size, aspect, etc) ? And what ar your compressor settings? Do you have Frame Controls turned on?

Also there's no way to Export Multiple Sequences to Compressor from FCP. The closest workaround to what you want is to Batch Export the Sequences from FCP, and then import these Exported Clips to Compressor and Batch Encode them out using your Delivery Settings (H264, 720p etc)

It's not one click and you'll need more hard drive space, but it's infinitely better than doing this one sequence at a time.

Best,
Sandeep.

Return to posts index

Travis Roesler
on Oct 17, 2012 at 9:29:46 pm

Hey Sandeep,

I'm not really sure... is this something that I could find under "preferences" or something?

If you can help me find that, maybe I can just set it how I want it and this will work.

Return to posts index

Sandeep Sajeev
on Oct 17, 2012 at 9:39:22 pm

Hi,

Here's how you can check:

Click anywhere in your Sequence to make it active
Hit Cmd+0 to bring up the Sequence Settings Dialog Box.

You'll see your Frame Size, Editing Timebase, Aspect Ratio and Codec listed here.

Now when you 'Send to Compressor' choose/modify a Preset that matches those settings exactly.

Best,
Sandeep.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Oct 17, 2012 at 10:56:08 pm

Does your copy of Compressor not allow multiple edit timelines to be exported from FCP to Compressor, then queued up for batch compression?

Dave LaRonde
Former Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Sandeep Sajeev
on Oct 17, 2012 at 11:04:28 pm

Mine didn't earlier, but I just tried it now and it does!

Thanks Dave!

Travis, you can Select Multiple Timelines, right click and choose Export Using Compressor.

That is great, wish I'd bothered to keep checking if this functionality had come in.

Return to posts index

Travis Roesler
on Oct 22, 2012 at 8:51:28 pm

Hi David,

Thank you for the reply! I was able to get a compressor project open with 15 different sequences, but they all exported with the wrong settings. I am not really seeing an efficient way to change my settings within compressor to get these things to export properly :-(

Do you have any advice? I can clearly see the settings that I need when checking the sequence settings.

As a side question, is there any way that I can change the default sequence settings to match the settings that I'm using? It would be great if I could just open up a sequence and have the settings automatically correct.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]