FORUMS: list search recent posts

aliasing issues

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Elliott Sidey
aliasing issues
on Oct 17, 2012 at 6:42:26 am

working on a key for a video. im using primatte keyer from red giant. getting some bad edges here.
shot in a studio with a t4i, editing with fcp7 and the source file has been h.264 transcoded to prores.

main aliasing i am talking about are on his collar. also, getting some sort of redish/purple effect from the top of his head. maybe this is the spill suppressor?

any help thanks!

Photobucket

Return to posts index

Sandeep Sajeev
Re: aliasing issues
on Oct 17, 2012 at 8:07:44 pm

Hi,

Yes that magenta outline all across the talent is going to be hard to fix in FCP. You could try duplicating the layer on to an upper layer, color correcting for the outline and adding some softening. You will also need to do some roto.

Honestly you'd be better served doing this in another app instead of banging your head against the wall in FCP. The aliasing is also pretty bad and I don't think it's something that can be fixed in FCP adequately either.

Best,
Sandeep.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Oct 17, 2012 at 11:12:17 pm

Hmmm... on the color wheel, purple is on the opposite side from green. Magenta (aka "purple") is a good colot to get rid green spill on the subject. If you keyed a green screen you simply may have to adjust the amount of spill suppression.

Dave LaRonde
Former Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Michael Gissing
on Oct 17, 2012 at 11:25:14 pm

Is the aliasing on moving shot or just still frame? Is your sequence set to interlaced or None for fields? Has your footage been converted as progressive or as interlaced? What does it look like on an external monitor?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]