FORUMS: list search recent posts

Canon MXF tapeless media won't import

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Selena Rhine
Canon MXF tapeless media won't import
on Oct 16, 2012 at 6:34:14 pm

Hi all,

I am having some issues with some MXF tapeless media from a Canon C300. I have the correct plug-in in FCP 7.0.3, and as I import through Log and Transfer, some clips import from the folder, and some do not.

I have read a lot of the forums that talk about the importance of the original file structure from the card, and the correct plug-in, but seeing as how some clips import and some don't, I think something else is going on.

I don't think the clips are corrupted because they play in the VLC media player, but I cannot compress them into ProRes 422 from there. I can't figure out how to import them into Compressor because Compressor seems to not read these file types (unless there's a separate plug-in?), and I'm not finding another work-around.

Any ideas? Another media player that reads MXF files and outputs to ProRes 422?

Thanks so much,
Selena

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: Canon MXF tapeless media won't import
on Oct 16, 2012 at 7:32:36 pm

Are the other clips a different frame rate perhaps? FCP doesn't like it when you use multiple frame rates on one card.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Selena Rhine
Re: Canon MXF tapeless media won't import
on Oct 16, 2012 at 7:40:02 pm

Thanks for your response. From what I can tell, the format of the clips on the drive doesn't allow me to see info re frame rate or anything else (the clips are all .MXF, .CIF, .CPF, .SIF ). Any ideas how to see the frame rate besides asking the camera person if they switched during the shoot?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]